The original, patented, portable acoustic treatment device: the Reflexion Filter® PRO.
Beautiful concert halls, gigantic high-ceilinged spaces, lofty stairwells with glorious natural reverb...capturing the sound of an acoustically-pleasing room can make a great recording truly special. But getting a good sound in a bad space is very, very difficult.
What if you're an artist recording at home? What if you don't have the budget for a properly treated studio? What if you move to a new house or apartment?
What if you don't want to hear your room?
Different materials are better at absorbing and diffusing particular portions of the frequency spectrum.
Foam, for example, is great for highs, but does absolutely nothing for lows. On its own, foam will just make your tracks sound dull, causing you to EQ the highs back in, which adds noise to your recordings.
The trick is to balance the absorption evenly across ALL frequencies, and that requires multiple layers of material.
The RF Pro consists of nine layers of sE's patented multi-layer technology, and is constructed by hand in sE's very own factory:
1. Punched Aluminum Diffusor
2. Acoustic-Grade Wool Absorber
3. Tensioned Aluminum Foil Membrane Diffusor
4. Isolating Air Gap
5. Tensioned Aluminum Foil Membrane Diffusor
6. Acoustic-Grade Wool Absorber
7. Polycarbonate Diffusor
8. Asymmetric Isolating Air Gaps
9. Patented Polyester Acoustic Fiberboard
Reflexion Filter® Pro
Mic stand thread adapter
"Everyone should have one."
- Ryan Hewitt, Producer / Engineer (Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Avett Brothers) - sE Artist
"I use it to keep the bad out and the good in. On vocals in certain rooms, on guitar cabs, and even on drums (floor toms and kicks)."
- F. Reid Shippen, GRAMMY®-winning Mixer / Engineer / Producer (India.Arie, Ingrid Michaelson, Jonny Lang) - sE Artist
"The filter doesn’t seem to change the tonality of the vocals at all...it’s the closest thing I have found to having consistency when recording in several environments. It simply levels the acoustic playing field, regardless of where I decide to record."
- Scott Hendricks, EVP A&R Warner Music Nashville / producer (Blake Shelton, Faith Hill, Trace Adkins, Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn) - sE Artist
"The Reflexion Filter has made a big impact on the quality of our home recordings. Never again will an amazing vocal take be marred by intermittent meowing or the sound of the fridge!"
- Tegan and Sara, pop musicians - sE Artist
"I’ve used them on vocals and instruments alike where I either need more isolation from other sounds/instruments in the room, or I don’t like the character of the room and I’m trying to minimize the amount of room sound pulled into the mic."
"You can never have enough tools and tricks to get the job done. This is exactly the kind of tool that, once you have it, you’ll use it over and over."
- Neal Cappellino, GRAMMY®-winning producer/engineer (Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, Alison Krauss & Union Station) - sE Artist
"I like to do vocals in the control room - much more direct interaction with the vocalist, so it's perfect for that. With so many of us working in all sorts of situations these days, the Reflexion Filter transforms any of these into a viable recording environment."
"I also think it's a wonderful device for students to know and learn about, to hear the difference with and without the filter. All audio schools should have them."
- Lenise Bent, Producer / Engineer (Blondie, Steely Dan, Supertramp, The Band, Fleetwood Mac)
"The Reflexion Filter makes a huge difference in small recording spaces that are more and more the norm..."
- Andy Bradfield, Producer (David Bowie, David Gray, Rufus Wainwright)
"Trust me, they will change your recording process for the better."
- Ricky Lawson, Drummer (Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Whitney Houston)
"After using this, I instantly realized how many problems I had in my booth, because all of a sudden they weren't there anymore."
"As far as clarity is concerned, the filter made the biggest difference."
"Everybody should get this product if you're thinking about recording anything. Because it's going to take you to the next level of professional and quality recordings."
"Best option on the market other than an actual vocal booth/room."
"It did two things: one, made capturing my instrument's true sound much easier, and two, saved me lots of money."
"I was pretty skeptical when I bought this, but I finally gave in after listening closely to recordings I've made in my living room. I would now say that this is a must have for any project studio with an untreated room."
"You need this even if you don't think you do. Bottom line: I didn't know how good my equipment could sound until I got this little fellow."
- Assorted Sweetwater Customers (full list of reviews here)