The Z5600a II: a thick, rich tube mic that will flatter any source.
With nine polar patterns, the Z5600a II is ready to record absolutely anything.
The Z5600a II large-diaphragm condenser is one of the most versatile tube mics in today's market. With 9 graded steps through omni, cardioid and figure eight patterns, -10dB pad and bass cut, the Z5600a II finds uses in a huge number of applications, from miking a live drum kit to overheads on a choir. Above all though, this excellent mic has won its praise on delivering superb vocal recordings, with natural warmth and incredible detail.
This beautiful mic comes in a wooden presentation case, cradled in a full aluminum flight case with a large shockmount and a brushed aluminum PSU with pattern switching and cables.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Sensitivity: 14.1mV/Pa - 37 ± 1dB(0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure 8 and 6 intermediate stages, selectable on power supply
- Impedance: ≤ 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 12dB(A weighted)
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD@1000Hz: 135dB
- Power Requirement: External PSU included
- Connector: 8-pin army connector to mic, XLR from PSU
"Not a session goes by that I don't find a use for this versatile microphone with its multi-pattern functions. I find it works well for capturing room ambience, close-miking acoustic guitars and male vocals."
- John Richardson, drummer (Gin Blossoms, Eddie Money, Will Hoge, Badfinger) - sE Artist
"The Z5600a II is a mic that you could just leave up in your tracking room."
- Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist (Queens Of The Stone Age, A Perfect Circle)
"If you are at all considering this mic, don't even think. Get it."
"It is definitely a multi-talented mic that sounds great on vocals and on many other instruments as well. (My favorite for vocals)."
"It is a 'smooth and dimensional sounding' mic with some 'air' that isn't raspy or gritty like some overseas built mics can be."
- Assorted Sweetwater clients (more reviews at Sweetwater.com)
"This is a lotta mic for the coin. Lots of patterns, tube, big sound."
"I found it awfully useful on male vocals and anything else that needs to sound bigger than it actually is."
"The sound is quite 'tuby' and as others have said it works well on male vocals to give it that thick sound. Using a quite clean preamp it still cuts through in the mix without needing a lot of EQ."
- Assorted Gearslutz users (full reviews via Gearslutz.com)
"...plenty of body and warmth and a slightly smoothed-out high end."
- Paul White, Sound On Sound (full review)
"Been using a pair of these for about a year and half... They are surprisingly versatile. I absolutely love them as room mics (and the polar pattern options help if you are in a MS or Blumlein mode)...wonderful on female vocalists as well - it has won a shocking amount of shoot outs."
"Everything an LDC should do this does extremely well. No apologies, no excuses. It is the RIGHT tool!!!"
- Front End Audio customers (reviews via frontendaudio.com)