sE Electronics Extended Warranty
All sE Electronics products come with a standard 2-year limited warranty, valid from the date of purchase. This warranty can be extended by an extra year, to a full 3 years, by registering your purchase through the sE website, and guarantees the product to remain free from operating defects during the warranty period.
All sE / Rupert Neve Microphones (RN17, RN17 pair, RNR1 and RNT) come with a standard 4-year limited warranty, valid from the date of purchase. Following the same procedure as described above, the warranty can be extended by an extra year, to a full 5 years.
If service is required, all necessary parts and labor will be furnished free of charge - or at sE’s discretion, the product will be replaced with a suitable equivalent. Accessories and items such as boxes and cables are not covered under this warranty.
Original proof of purchase is required, so please keep your receipt in a safe place. We suggest taking a picture or scan the original proof of purchase (invoice) and store it where it doesn’t get lost! For full details, please see our terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
sE Electronics and sE Rupert Neve Limited Warranty - Terms and Conditions
1. The warranty only applies to sE Electronics and sE Rupert Neve products (henceforth “sE product”) purchased from authorized sE Electronics and/or sE Rupert Neve dealers (“henceforth “sE dealer”). For authorized dealers of sE products in all regions, please check with your local distributor, listed on the “Where to Buy” page of our website (http://seelectronics.com/where-to-buy).
2. The warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship of the sE product and is limited to the repair or replacement of that product. At its sole discretion, sE Electronics may (a) repair “the product” supplying parts and labor free of charge, (b) chose to replace the sE product with a new sE product of the same model, or (c) replace the sE product with a new sE product of a similar specification, in circumstances where the same sE product is no longer available.
3. The warranty does not cover any of the following:
Damage caused by the user; spillages or moisture; neglect, abuse or misuse, including but not limited to failure to use the sE product for its normal purpose in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions for usage, failure to properly maintain the sE product in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, or the failure to use the sE product in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications; normal wear and tear; use of microphone/product with incompatible or faulty equipment; unauthorized modifications; repairs conducted by unauthorized persons or service centers; the model and/or serial number being altered, removed or made illegible; accidents; or acts of God or any cause beyond the control of sE Electronics. Cosmetic defects, such as paint finish, and general wear and tear are not covered under warranty.
4. The warranty does not apply to accessories, packaging, boxes and cables.
5. The warranty is transferable during the term of the applicable warranty period of the sE product but this is subject to the conditions outlined in (7).
6. The warranty does not affect any statutory rights that the original purchaser may have in accordance with the law applicable in the jurisdiction where the sE product was purchased, or any rights that the original purchaser may have against the authorized sE dealer pursuant to their original purchase agreement.
7. In order to claim pursuant to this warranty, the sE product must be returned, together with the original proof of purchase (standard 2 year warranty) and proof of warranty extension (extended 3 year warranty) to the authorized sE dealer in the territory and at which the sE product was originally purchased.
8. Once the sE product has been received, the authorized sE dealer will assess the warranty claim and then arrange replacement in accordance with the warranty procedure prescribed by sE Electronics for their authorized service center network. The warranty replacement process will be conducted by the authorized sE dealer as promptly as possible and within a reasonable time from the date of submission of the warranty claim.
9. In all circumstances, a claimant under this warranty will be liable for all costs in delivering their sE product back to the authorized sE dealer for warranty replacement and for all costs in collecting the repaired unit, or its replacement sE product, from that authorized sE dealer. The sE dealer may waive the cost of return shipping to a nominated address after the warranty replacement at that sE dealer’s sole discretion.
10. sE Electronics will not accept any warranty replacement without the original proof of purchase of the sE product, and without the registration of the sE product during the extended warranty period. It is the purchaser's responsibility to keep the original proof of purchase safe at all times, as sE Electronics is not obliged to provide a copy of the original.
11. sE Electronics shall not be liable for damages in excess of the purchase price of the sE product arising out of the use or inability to use the sE product insofar as allowed to be disclaimed by law in the jurisdiction where the sE product was purchased.
12. This warranty can be extended to 3 (three) years from the date of purchase. To be eligible for the extension of the warranty, the original purchaser must register the purchase of their sE product on the sE Electronics website registration page (http://seelectronics.com/se-product-registration) and follow the procedure outlined in item 10. The terms and conditions of the original warranty will then apply for the term of the extended warranty period.
13. This warranty is in lieu of any or all expressed or implied.
Last Updated June 19, 2017